Posted by admin 12 August 2019
by Dr. Diana Rangaves, PharmD, RPh
From regular trims to expensive masks and minimal heat, it is hard to stay on trend with the entire rule to maintain beautiful tresses. Not to worry, check out these top 20 hair tricks and secrets and keep your locks flawless all the time.
1. Use dry shampoo the right way. Spray on your roots, then blast with a hair dryer. You have to remove the product to get rid of excess dirt and oils.
2. Put on a hair mask and then hit the gym. This prevents your sweat from overly drying out your hair.
3. Give your bangs attention right after the shower. Do not let them get frizzy so work on them immediately for perfect results.
4. Stop shampooing so often. Try for every other day for beautiful locks.
5. Use the cold air feature on your blow dryer to add shine. Just make sure your hair is completely dry first.
6. Keep conditioner away from your scalp. It is already oily enough; there is no need to use conditioner.
7. Hold your curling iron horizontally for big soft waves. Otherwise, you will end up looking like a throwback to the 70s.
8. Out of dry shampoo? Try baby powder instead. It absorbs oil and removes dirt just the same.
9. Using the right brushes can transform your hair from dull to divine. Different brushes are designed for different uses, so choose wisely.
10. Curly hair needs a little bit of love via mousse, some combing, and some hand-scrunch action. Do this wet to avoid droop and frizz.
11. Use colored shampoo on color treated hair to keep it looking brilliant and bright. Mix shampoo that is the opposite color of your hair to help restore moisture.
12. Avoid the pain of detangling with a brush and use your fingers. It helps prevent damage and keeps hair strong.
13. Tying your hair too tightly can cause damage over time. Keep it soft and loose as much as possible.
14. Layers are key when teasing your hair. Give yourself soft bouncy hair with a back-comb and then smooth over for a flawless finish.
15. Do your hair the night before. It is a time saver and your hair will look softer the following day.
16. Do not toss that old T-shirt. Dry your hair with it instead. It is easier on your hair and better for the environment.
17. After a long winter, try a coconut oil hair mask. It will leave your scalp restored and it is cheaper than the big-name masks.
18. Crush up an aspirin into your shampoo every two weeks. Salicylic acid helps remove dullness and product buildup.
19. Tame fly-aways with an old toothbrush. Spray with hairspray and watch your hair stay in line all day.
20. If static has your hair on end, grab a dryer sheet. It will eliminate the static and you will smell fresh too.
There you have it, twenty simple and easy hair tricks, and secrets. Now you can look like your favorite celebs without all the effort.